HTC is known for it’s android phones but most of them are in the high range. HTC Explorer is the latest launch that is their first budget Android smartphone. HTC Explorer is available in India at a price tag of Rs. 12,650 only.
HTC Explorer being said as a budget phone doesn’t mean it’s low on software or features. There are few amazing features that is not available in any other entry level android phone. Some of the great features include latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS, 384 MB RAM and 600 MHz CPU. HTC Explorer comes with 3.2-inch TFT touchscreen.
The handset is equipped with 3G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 3. It also comes with 3 MP camera. The phone comes with 1230 mAh Li-ion battery that is a little low for being a smartphone.
Best Features of HTC Explorer
1. Good Entry Level Android Phone – The affordable pricing with latest Android OS makes it a perfect choice for those looking for an entry level android smartphone. HTC is known for best Android phones and regular updates, so a phone at this price range is a steal.
2. Indian Market Oriented – For the first time, HTC smartphone is equipped with Indian apps like Saavn, Bollywood Hungama, eBuddy, NDTV News. Looks like HTC is trying to lure Indian customers in the mid range segment and I must say that it looks like to be a success.
3. HTC Explorer Tariff Plans – Not many phones in India comes with Tariff plans. HTC Explorer is available from Vodafone tariff plan and looks attractive. If you are planing to get a phone for normal browsing purpose, this plan is good for you. Vodafone would offer 200MB for Rs. 100, 1 GB for Rs. 375 and 2 GB for Rs. 650 to HTC Explorer users getting this plan. Nice deal, isn’t it?
4. Brand Image – Not to mention but brand image also plays a major role in getting success and having faith on the quality of product. Since it’s HTC cell phone, you can expect top quality. It comes with HTC Sense that is one of the best android user interface and you can expect regular software updates too.
HTC Explorer Review
- Attractive Price
- HTC Brand
- Latest Android 2.3 OS
- 600 MHz CPU at this price range is a good feature
- Indian apps
- Good connectivity options
- 3G support
- Low battery life
- Camera quality is poor and without flash light
- Screen resolution is less
HTC Explorer is a good budget phone and specially designed and marketed for Indian user. If you are looking for entry level android phone, go for it.