Dell Precision series laptops are meant for High performance and targeted for Business users. Dell Precision M6400 Covet is the top end system in this series. It runs on Intel Core2 Quad-Core Extreme Edition processors, support of 16 GB RAM and up to 1 GB dedicated video graphics. The laptop is capable enough to handle large applications and running resource intensive 3D games smoothly.
- Awesome Performance: With specifications that even some desktop workstations might struggle to deliver, the flagship mobile workstation from Dell is ideal, even for the most demanding user. Optional Intel® Quad Core processing power, working in harmony with a super-fast 1066MHz FSB, is only matched by the options of RAID 0 storage performance and stunning ATI® FirePro® and NVIDIA® Quadro FX graphics. Designed to be a workstation, the M6400 has the thermal headroom to deliver the certified ISV application performance levels you expect from Dell Precision.
- Massive Scalability: Such raw performance needs to be matched with the ability to manage huge amounts of data. The M6400 Covet enables memory scalability up to 16GB1 thanks to the Intel® Q43 Express chipset that provides support for 4 memory DIMM slots. With two dedicated hard drive bays the storage capacity can scale up to 1 Terabyte.
- Advanced Design: The M6400 Covet is designed from the ground up to be a mobile workstation with all the needs and expectations of our most demanding customers in mind. Its sleek, vibrant orange anodized aluminum chassis and edge-to-edge 17″ screen with 100% Adobe® color gamut make a statement wherever it may be.
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T9600 (2.80GHz, 6M L2 Cache, 1067MHZ) Dual Core or Core™2 Duo Quad Core Extreme Edition Processors
Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Professional and Windows Vista are the choices available
Display: 17″ WUXGA (1920×1200) 100% Adobe® Color Gamut UltraSharp RGB LED Edge To Edge Display
Memory: 2.0GB, DDR3-1066 SDRAM, 2 DIMMS and support up to 16 GB with 4 slots
Primary Hard Drives: 160GB Hard Drive, 7200RPM with Free Fall Sensor
Media Bay Devices: 8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load w/Roxio and Cyberlink PowerDVD™
Graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700M, 1.0GB Discrete
Camera / Microphone: Integrated 2.0 MP webcam with dual digital array microphone
Wireless LAN: Dell Wireless™ 1397 802.11b/g Mini Card
Battery: 9 Cell Battery
Hardware Support Services: 3 Year Basic Limited Warranty and 3 Year NBD On-Site Service
Physical Security: Steel-reinforced Cable Lock Slots, Media Module and Hard Drive Locks.
User & System Security:
- Smart Card Reader and Contactless Smart Card Reader
- Fingerprint Reader (optional)
- FIPS Fingerprint Reader (optional)
- TPM 1.2 (where available)
- Wave Embassy Trust Suite
Network Security: 802.11 WiFi® Protected Access (WPA), 802.11i (WPA2), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) 802.1x with EAP modes and compatible with CCX 4.0
Docking: Advanced E-Port, E-Port, Legacy Port Replicator, Ergo Flat Panel Stand, Basic Monitor Stand, E-View Notebook Stand
- Width: 15.4″/393mm
- Depth: 11.0″/280.5mm
- Height: 1.35″/34.5mm(F), 1.5″/38.5mm(B)
Weight: starting at 8.5lbs/3.86kg
Price: 3,319 USD or 1,40,000 INR
- Good configuration
- Fast processing
- Good display
- No HDMI port
Conclusion: If you are looking for a laptop that can run high end games and good graphics related programs that needs lot of RAM then it’s a perfect choice. It is capable to handle any application smoothly but it’s not for mobile use.