September 10, 2013
Are you a fan of Linux OS and GMail but not happy that it’s missing the Video Chat browser support? Well, the good news is that GMail is now supporting video chat for Linux based Operating Systems. It means that you can simply download the Linux based plugin from Google Video Chat website and install it and you are ready to see your friends live in GMail, of course it needs a Webcam to work.
Here are the steps that you need to get started with GMail Video Chat:
- Download the voice and video chat plug-in, quit all open browser windows, and install the plug-in.
- Sign in to Gmail, iGoogle or orkut.
- In your chat list, select the contact you want to call. If they have a camera icon next to their name, you can make a voice or video call to them; just click Video & more.
It’s free and now supports major operating systems like
- Windows XP or later
- Intel Mac OS X 10.4 or later and
- Linux based OS that include Ubuntu and Debian OS
I think it’s a great move and Linux based OS will get more benefit from this.
View all comments