The new HP ProBook 4510s delivers refined simplicity in a clean design that offers both function and style. Featuring a 15.6″ 16:9 high-definition widescreen, it comes with a choice of Merlot or glossy Noir (black) finish that lets you stand out. There are two models of this notebook but the only difference is the operating system. Check out key features, complete specifications, price in India and our verdict for this sleek notebook from HP.
Models: WG474PA and WF070PA
- The innovative keyboard is made with keys raised from the surface, leaving fewer places for dirt and dust to settle and thus making it easy to clean and more maintenance free than ever. Includes a separate numeric keypad for enhanced efficiency.
- Built to protect. HP SpareKey prevents you from being locked out of your notebook in case of a forgotten password. All you have to do is answer 3 personal questions that will identify yourself and you can gain access to your system.
- Built to simplify. HP QuickLook 3 provides read and write capability of email, calendar, task and contact information in seconds at the touch of a button, without having to boot up.
- Built to last. The HP ProBook 4510s features HP 3D DriveGuard which protect your notebook’s hard drive against impact, bumps or drops using a 3-axis accelerometer which detects sudden movement.
- WG474PA: Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 32-bit
- WF070PA: FreeDOS
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T6570, 2.10 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB
Chipset: Mobile™ Intel® GL40 Express Chipset or Mobile™ Intel® GM45 Express Chipset or Mobile™ Intel® PM45 Express Chipset
Memory: 1 x 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz, 2 SODIMM slots, support up to 8 GB
Hard drive: 320 GB at 5400 rpm
Optical drive: SATA DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL LightScribe Drive
Display: 15.6 inch diagonal, 1366 x 768 LED-backlit HD BrightView with camera
Graphics card: Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD integrated graphics
External I/O ports: 4 USB 2.0; 1 HDMI; 1 stereo microphone in; 1 stereo headphone/line-out; 1 AC power; 1 RJ-11 (optional); 1 RJ-45; 1 external VGA monitor
Audio: High Definition Audio, stereo speakers, stereo headphone/line out, stereo microphone in, integrated microphone
Network interface: Marvell Ethernet (10/100/1000 NIC)
Modem: 56K v.92 modem
Wireless technologies: Intel® 802.11 a/b/g/n draft 2.0, Bluetooth 2.1
Dimensions: 37.18 x 24.96 x 3.15 (at front) cm
Weight: 2.59 Kg
Battery: 6-cell (47 WHr) Li-Ion battery
Keyboard: Full-sized spill-resistant keyboard with separate numeric keypad
Pointing device: Touchpad with scroll zone, two pick buttons
Security Management: HP ProtectTools Security Manager; Easy Setup Wizard; One Step Login; Enhanced Pre-Boot Security; HP SpareKey; Disk Sanitizer; Configuration Control Hardware; Memory Change Alert; Ownership Tag; Setup Password; Power-On Password; HP 3D DriveGuard (Windows models only); Kensington Lock Slot; Support for Computrace / LoJack for Laptops (must be purchased separately); HP Privacy Filter (must be purchased separately)
Warranty: 1-year standard parts and labour limited warranty, depending on country (upgrades available), 1-year limited warranty on primary battery
Softwares: WG474PA: HP Recovery Manager, HP QuickLook 2, HP SoftPaq Download Manager, Roxio Creator Business (for optional DVD+/-RW and DVD/CDRW drives)
- Fast Processor
- Graphics card
- Good display quality
- Sound quality is not that good
- Battery quality is not good and drains fast
- Not portable
Conclusion: Notebook looks good on specifications and offers fast performance with good display quality. Although sound quality and battery performance is not that good but still it’s a good choice for process oriented applications.