Nokia E7 Communicator is the business Smartphone and enterprise version of Nokia N8. Nokia E7 features a 4-inch AMOLED multi-touch display (with 640×360 pixels resolution) and runs on Symbian^3 operating system. The Smartphone looks are impressive and a side-out slider qwerty keyboard is best for email and SMS purpose. The business phone comes with a tilt screen and a number of business centric apps to work with Microsoft documents and PowerPoint presentations. It also comes with Microsoft Exchange Active Sync support.
Nokia E7 comes with 8-megapixel camera with Dual LED flash, 16GB internal memory, HD quality video capture, front facing VGA camera for video calling and lot of security features similar to the ones offered by BlackBerry phones.
It also offers common connectivity features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, A-GPS, HDMI-out and high-speed microUSB port that are present in almost all high end Smartphones these days.
Nokia E7 Price:
Nokia E7 has been priced at €495 excluding taxes and we expect it to be launch in India at a price range of Rs. 40,000
Nokia E7 Key Features:
- Symbian^3 operating system
- Home screen personalization
- Multitasking support
- Real-time email with Mail for Exchange
- Multiple Email accounts support with active sync
- MS Office editor for documents
- Adobe Reader for PDF files
- Secured intranet access with built-in VPN
- Calendar and Microsoft outlook sync support
- Instant Messenger support
- Social Networking like Facebook and Twitter live updates
- Updating status across all the social networks at the same time
- Threaded SMS chats
- AMOLED real glass display
- 4-inch capacitive touch screen
- Tilt full-touch display for optimal viewing
- Pinch to Zoom and flick to scroll features
- Slider qwerty keyboard for fast typing
- Ovi Maps with lifetime GPS navigation and voice guidance
- F-Secure Anti-Theft for Mobile for data protection
- Voice Recognition App Vlingo
- World Traveler App for flight status
- 8 MP camera with HD quality video recording
- HDMI cable out for viewing photos and videos on your compatible TV
- Develop your own apps with ease
Nokia E7 Business Benefits:
- Works as your mobile office with Mail for Exchange and IBM Lotus Notes Traveler software, calendar, contacts and mails synchronization
- View and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents using the Quickoffice application
- Access the internet through a fast 3G or Wi-Fi network – or use your phone as a modem by connecting to a compatible computer.
- Connect to popular social networks from your home screen and stay in touch with business contacts and colleagues.
- Hold business meetings over the phone with multi-party conference calling.
- Save time with easy and direct access to all of your work email accounts from the same view.
- Discuss business at length for less – make low-cost VoIP calls over a secure and reliable connection.
Nokia E7 Security Features:
- Protect important data with remote device management options such as device lock and device wipe.
- Locate your phone if it is stolen – see where it is on a map with the theft control feature.
- Keep important work files safe with secure memory card encryption.
- Connect to your company intranet quickly and securely with built-in Nokia Mobile VPN.
Conclusion: Nokia E7 is one of the best qwerty phone from Nokia till now and a complete business mobile solution with enhanced security features. The phone is packed with high end features and looks sleek. Its big in size with dimensions 123.7 x 62.4 x 13.6mm and weighs around 175g but still its surprisingly thin and compact.