When I was a student, I was always looking for cheap phones that I can afford without crossing my tiny budget. Few days back, my cousin called me to search a very cheap CDMA phone for him and I never knew that I would have a hard time to do so. So I decided to write a post that will cover the cheapest CDMA mobile phones available in Indian market from good brands. Note that you can buy cheap handsets along with Reliance and Tata Indicom connection but there are very limited choices. So it’s better to buy cheap CDMA phone within your budget and then buy SIM card from CDMA operators. It will also give you confidence while switching your CDMA operator, as you need not to buy the new phone. When I say cheap, I am considering it around or below 2,000 INR. Have a look at the list to get the cheapest CDMA mobile phones that you can buy.
- Nokia 1325 CDMA: Nokia is a trusted name in the mobile industry. They are major players in the GSM section but they have a few CDMA phones also. This is the cheapest of them and has very basic features. Battery backup is good and you can talk up to 4 hours. The price of this basic phone is only 1,750 INR.
- Nokia 2355 CDMA: This is a flap phone from Nokia and comes with color display and FM Radio. It looks are also good in silver and blue and costs only 2,300 INR.
- Samsung vSwing SCH-S299: A basic bar type phone from Samsung. It comes with color display and SMS in English and Hindi. Its battery talk time is 3 hours and price is only 1,799 INR.
- Samsung SCH-S269: Its features and price are same as SCH-S299 but different in looks. I found looks of this one better than S299.
- LG 3100: Its not the cheapest phone from LG in CDMA section but it’s under my range. It comes with color display, polyphonic ring tone and FM Radio and priced at only 1,700 INR.
- LG 3510: This is the cheapest one I am covering here. It’s the cheapest one from LG CDMA mobiles and comes with color display and talk time up to 3.5 hours. Its price is only 1,000 INR and obviously the most affordable CDMA phone in current Indian market from a reputed brand.
There are so many other phones available in the market that are cheaper than above mentioned ones but I have covered only those having good brand name. These phones are the basic ones and my cousin bought one of these. If you find this list helpful and informative, please share it with your friends also.