Sony Ericsson Aino is a touch screen mobile phone with slide-out keypad. It’s a multimedia phone with 8.1 megapixel camera and 16X digital zoom, i guess you won’t need to buy a digital camera now. As a multimedia phone, it comes with 3-inch TFT touchscreen, FM Radio and Walkman player. Aino supports 3G connectivity and comes with Facebook and Twitter widgets to keep you connected with friends.
Price: Sony Ericsson Aino is priced around Rs. 20,000 in Indian market.
Form Factor: Slider phone
Dimensions: 50 x 104 x 16 mm
Weight: 134 gm
Colors: Luminous White and Obsidian Black
Memory: 55 MB internal memory and microSD card support up to 8 GB
Camera: 8.1 megapixel camera with 16X digital zoom, LED photo light
Music: Music Player, FM Radio
Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, A-GPS
Internet: 3G, GPRS, HSDPA
Battery: 8 hours talk time
- Good looking slider phone
- High resolution camera
- Good music and audio quality
- Touchscreen works only when slider is closed – thats a huge NO NO…
- Touchscreen is not responsive – very frustrating
- Keypad buttons are not clear and confuses in night
- Slider is not good
- 3.5 mm audio jack is missing – a big shame on any smartphone
Conclusion: Sony Ericsson Aino is like a half baked pizza. I don’t understand what is the use of having a great camera but no 3.5 mm audio jack. Also slider keypads are outdated now. They need to be different but obviously in a good way.