The new HP EliteBook 2730p is both a versatile business notebook and an innovative writing tablet – all in one ultra-slim design. With just a twist of the screen, it’s converted into a tablet and ready for writing and drawing. Check out complete specifications, key features, review and price details of HP EliteBook 2730p Notebook PC in Indian market.
- Sleek new design. Stainless steel surface, touch-sensitive controls, jog dial, complete with a dual-pointing (touchpad and pointstick) with scroll zone – all this in a compact tablet notebook that’s just 28.2mm thin.
- It’s tough. Designed to meet the tough military standards (MIL-STD 810F) for altitude, high temperatures and dust, the HP EliteBook 2730p can operate at extreme temperatures of up to 60 degrees and below – 29 degrees.
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Low Voltage technology. Two Intel processors to choose from – the Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Ultra Low Voltage (ULV) processor for longer battery life or the Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Low Voltage (LV) processor which enhances system performance.
- Lightweight with HP Illumi-Lite LED technology. With a starting weight of 1.7kg and featuring a 12.1″ widescreen with HP Illumi-Lite LED technology which is thinner, lighter and more energy-efficient then standard CCFL displays.
Model: HP EliteBook 2730p Notebook PC (NH385PA)
Operating system installed: Genuine Windows Vista® Business 32-bit
Processor type: Intel® Centrino® 2 processor technology, Intel® Core™2 Duo Low Voltage Processor SL9400, 1.86 GHz , 6 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB
Chipset: Mobile™ Intel® GS45 Express Chipset
Standard memory: 1 x 1 GB DDR2
Memory slots: 2 SODIMM slots supporting dual channel memory
Maximum memory: Upgradeable to 8 GB
Hard drive: 120 GB at 5400 rpm
Display: 12.1-inch diagonal, 1280 x 800 WXGA with camera
Graphic subsystem: Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 HD
External I/O ports: 2 USB 2.0 ports, VGA, stereo microphone in, stereo headphone/line out, 1394a, power connector, RJ-11/modem, RJ-45/ethernet, docking connector for HP 2700 Ultra-Slim Expansion Base
Expansion slots: 1 ExpressCard/54 slot, Secure Digital slot
Audio: High Definition Audio, integrated speaker, stereo headphone/line out, stereo microphone in, integrated dual-microphone array
Network interface: Intel Gigabit Network Connection (10/100/1000 NIC)
Modem: 56K modem
Wireless technologies: Intel® Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.0+
Product dimensions (W x D x H): 29.0 x 21.2 x 2.8 (at front) cm
Product weight: Starting at 1.70 kg (weight will vary by configuration)
Keyboard: Full-sized keyboard
Pointing device: Enhanced dual pointing devices (touchpad and pointstick) with scroll zone, digital eraser pen, Jog dial, optional 2 MP Webcam with Business Card Reader Software
Security management: HP ProtectTools, TPM Embedded Security Chip 1.2, Enhanced Pre-Boot Security, HP SpareKey, HP Disk Sanitizer, Enhanced Drive Lock, HP Fingerprint Sensor, Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools, Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools, File Sanitizer for HP ProtectTools.
Warranty: 3-year standard parts and labour limited warranty
Price: Approximately 75,000 INR
- Good connectivity options
- Security features
- High RAM support
- Hard drive capacity is less and slow speed
- Slow RAM
- Sound quality is not that good
Conclusion: The lightweight notebook is more like a netbook with good features. If you can afford the price you can go for it even though looks a bit costly.