The HP EliteBook 8530w Mobile Workstation gives you the freedom to work beyond the confines of your desk by providing the portability of a 15.4″ diagonal widescreen notebook with the power of a workstation. Check out complete specifications, review and price of HP EliteBook 8530w in Indian market.
- Workstation Graphics. Your choice of ATI or NVIDIA’s ISV-certified workstation graphics with up to 512 MB of VRAM. Both solutions support OpenGL, DirectX-10, Dual Link DVI (through optional dock) and include HP Performance Tuning Framework (PTF)
- Multiple cores. Extreme performance. Enjoy new levels of performance and multi-tasking with Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme and Quad-Core processors capable of working in a true 64-bit computing environment and support for up to 8 GB of memory.
- Experience Life in high-definition. Connection to high-resolution displays with the HDMI port. Blu-ray Drive plays HD content or stores up to 50GB on a dual-layer disc. The eSATA port provides a fast connection to an external storage device.
- Upgrade Bay with Dual HDD Support. Easily replace your optical with an optional secondary SATA II hard drive or upgrade to the next-generation optional drive. Having a second hard drive installed allows RAID 1 Mirroring or RAID 0 Striping.
Model: HP EliteBook 8530w Mobile Workstation (ND189PA)
Operating System: Windows Vista® Business 32-bit
Processor: Intel® Centrino® 2 processor technology, Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8400, 2.26 GHz , 3 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB
Chipset: Mobile Intel® PM45 Express Chipset
Memory: 2 GB RAM, 2 SODIMM slots and support up to 8 GB
Hard drive: 160 GB at 5400 rpm
Optical drive: DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL LightScribe
Display: 15.4-inch diagonal screen with 1680 x 1050 WSXGA+ WVA with camera
Graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro FX770M, up to 512 mb of video memory
External I/O Ports: 4 USB 2.0 ports, HDMI, eSATA, VGA, stereo microphone in, stereo headphone/line out, 1394a, power connector, RJ-11/modem, RJ-45/ethernet, docking connector, secondary battery connector
Audio: High Definition Audio, stereo speakers, stereo headphone/line out, stereo microphone in, integrated dual-microphone array
Network Interface: Intel Gigabit Network Connection (10/100/1000 NIC)
Modem: 56 K V.92 modem
Wireless technologies: Intel® Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/draft-n, Bluetooth™ 2.0+
Dimensions: 35.5 x 26.3 x 2.8 (at front) cm
Weight: 2.86 Kg
Battery: 8-cell (73 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery, optional HP (52 WHr) Extended Life Battery, optional HP (95 WHr) Ultra-Capacity Battery
Keyboard: Full sized keyboard
Security: HP ProtectTools, TPM Embedded Security Chip 1.2, HP Fingerprint Sensor, Enhanced Pre-Boot Security, HP Spare Key, HP Disk Sanitizer, Enhanced Drive Lock, Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools, Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools, File Sanitizer for HP ProtectTools, integrated Smart Card Reader
Warranty: 3 years limited parts and labor
Price: Approximately 93,000 INR
- Feature packed
- Good connectivity options
- Good battery life
- Good securty features
- Looks costly
- Less hard drive space and slow speed
- Sound quality is just OK
Conclusion: The feature packed notebook is fast in processing, good in looks and have lot of RAM and graphics card with good display quality. The built is very solid and robust. The price is at the higher end but looking at the feature and specifications with HP brand image, it’s worth it.