Samsung is expanding its Non Galaxy mobiles too. We have seen quite a lot of Galaxies now. I at a point of time that Galaxy would evolve into a mobile brand of Samsung or something.I am glad that I was proved wrong as it has been announcing a number of Non Galaxy models like Focus, Exhibit, Stratosphere and more. Another unique phone in the list is the Samsung DoubleTime, powered by 600 MHz processor it runs on Android 2.2 Froyo, Sad I know . The phone features Multi-touch input method, Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate, Proximity sensor for auto turn-off, Gyro sensor, Digital compass, Microsoft office document viewer/ editor, MP4/ WMV/ H.264/ H.263 video player, MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ audio player, SNS integration, Organizer, Geo-tagging, image stabilization.What really makes the difference with this phone is that its a qwerty flip phone with a dual screen. One on the outsise and the other on the inside. It is really cool to finally have one of those clampshell PDA’s take form as an android.
Samsung Doubletime Feature and Specification
- Samsung DoubleTime is operates on 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz frequency in 2G network and HSDPA 900/ 2100 MHz frequency in 3G network.
- The phone has 3.2 inch TFT touchscreen display which supports 16M colors and 320 x 480 pixels resolution.
- The display features proximity sensor, accelerometer sensor, Gyro sensor and multi touch input method.
- The phone is powered by 600 MHz processor and runs on Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo) Operating System.
- The phone offers 260 MB internal memory and 32 GB internal storage support.
- For data connectivity, the phone offers GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA 14.4 MBPS, HSUPA 5.76 MBPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, micro USB v2.0.
- The phone has 3.15 MP rear-facing camera with a resolution of 2048×1536 pixels. The camera has auto focus, Geo-tagging, image stabilization, video recording capability with 720 p @ 30 fps.
- The phone features Stereo FM Radio with RDS, GPS with A-GPS, Bing Map, Digital Compass, Music player and Video player.
- Batteryof the phone is standard Li-Ion battery.
Samsung has been coming up with a lot of phones lately, Samsung Focus a Samsung windows phones is right around the corner. With all these new additions by Samsung, the samsung doubletime is indeed an innovative addition to the world of android, but will all that make up for the lack of OS support.. Seriously a brand new phone release with Froyo when Ice Cream Sandwich is going to hit the phones any minute is a really bad decision by Samsung